WHAT STUDENTS WILL LEARN IN OUR LESSONS
Fundamentals of the Trumpet.
Technique including major and minor scales, arpeggios, intervals, & technical exercises.
Appropriate musical etudes. This will include everything from standard concert etudes to contemporary pop and traditional jazz repertoire.
- Elementary to advanced music theory.
- Elementary to advanced jazz improvisation techniques.
- Music appreciation. This includes lessons with music listening.
- How to practice. Including how to warm-up and get the most out of your practice time.
- Fundamentals of performing & auditioning for various audiences types.
- How to play in solo/ensemble situations (classical & jazz).
Shawn currently teaches in the following cities:
South Bay Area